Saturday, December 15, 2012

40 Days of Fabulous - J. Geils may not have been singing about me (but I'll pretend for a moment he was...)

After a few minor setbacks and delays, 40 Days of Fabulous continues.

Inspiration drawn from one of my favorite episodes of Sex and the City (The Real Me); there's not a whole lot I can share (just in case my mother reads this), and I definitely don't have any pictures to post (just in case my friend Frank reads this). 

I will mention a few things however (just in case you get a burst of inspiration)....

Having a friendly, personable and knowledgeable photographer at a great studio made all the difference.  Brystan Studios in Orange County was a bit of a drive - but so absolutely worth it.  She made me look like better than I ever dreamed possible (and trust me, I dreamed big).

It was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be - I was afraid I would be a little self conscious - but after the first moments, it just became a photo shoot.  Stand here, hold this arm here, that leg there - there were actually a few poses that felt more like a yoga class than a photo shoot.  Just let your mind wander a bit though, and that little smile she asks for is pretty easy to do.

And finally - it's never too late, but do it before it's too late.  I never meant to wait until 40 to do this - I just happened to finally choose this year to get off my lazy butt and get into better shape than I ever was in my life.  But you don't have to be super-model skinny or buff-in-the-buff fabulous to do this; do it because you are your own glamour girl, and want to remember how sexy, beautiful and proud of it you were, you are and you're going to be for years to come.

One final thought, this isn't just for women.  So Frank, if you share yours....I'll think about sharing mine.

But don't count on it.