Thursday, November 28, 2013

Just a Few Things I'm Thankful For (...in a blog post because Facebook doesn't give me enough characters)

I have cranberry sauce is chilling in the fridge and garlic roasting in the oven for yet-to-be-prepared garlic mashed potatoes.  Meanwhile, Tom Turkey is hanging out in the 'fridge right now, ready to be transported for roasting elsewhere.  I have Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the television and a dog playing at my feet.  Nick is at work but will join us for dinner later this afternoon - we'll spend the evening with family and with any luck I won't poison anyone with my cooking.  All in all it's a pretty good Thanksgiving Day so far. 

I have to admit, it's been such a whirlwind year, I have so many things to be thankful for today and every day.  For example...

First and foremost I am thankful for the most important man in my life - Nick.  He not only loves and supports me every day, he also puts up with my stupid (every other day).  He truly is my best friend and I am not only thankful for him every single day, but am thankful that this year he decided to surprise the crap out of me by asking to be his wife. 

I am thankful for my family and friends - and the wonder of Facebook, phones, e-mail and text messages to keep in touch with you all.  We may never get to see each other as often as we would like (or...perhaps that's not a bad thing, imagine that bar tab!) - but we're always just a quick e-something away whenever we need each other. 

I am thankful for my fabulous job - another life changer this year.  Not only do I love where I work and am enjoying what I do - but I am most importantly blessed enough to have a job that pays my bills, keeps a roof over my head and my dog fed.

Speaking of which - I am so thankful for the newest addition to the family this year - Domino!  He has brought us such love, joy and fun...I can't imagine our home without him.  And although we just lost the last of my three kitties, I am so thankful to have had 15+ wonderful years with Tigger, Taz and Mufasa.  I've probably said this before, but it's amazing how something so small (or, medium sized - as in Mufasa's case) can bring such a huge amount of love and happy to our lives. 

There are so many more things to be thankful for....my health, the roof over my head, indoor plumbing...but my garlic has finished roasting and on TV Santa Claus has just brought in the holiday season.  Time to pack up the turkey and go make some dinner.  I hope that no matter where you are, you have many things to be thankful for as well and enjoy this wonderful day. 

Oh...and by the way....

WOOOOOOO!!!  STEELERS!!!