Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Road Not Taken (with all due respect to Robert Frost)

I haven't always made good choices.

Luck has probably played a greater role in my life getting me to where I am today than anything else.
But today it occurred to me that, had I made a different choice, I think I would have always wondered.  Wondered where you were and what you were doing - years later.  What could have been.

Had I not followed my heart, I know that I would not be as happy as I am today in another life.

I know it.  I feel it.

There would always have been doubt.  Maybe doubt strong enough that it would have created chaos anyway.  Then I would have had chaos and still not had you.

But I chose the chaos, you took me in, and I've never had to look back.

I know exactly where you are and what you're doing.

Because you're here with me.

I don't know why all of this flashed like an epiphany through my mind this morning.  But it did.
I haven't always made good choices in my life.

But you....  You were my best.

My road less traveled.

It's just something I thought about today, and I really wanted you to know.